Saturday, March 3, 2012

Dreamlife March 3 - Robin

Type:  Episodic
People: Jan R., Sue C, Ziesel, Joan Sutherland, Whitney Houston
Featured: a whole lot of ex-partners given that I have been with Leslie for 27 years

I was packing frantically, trying to get ready for a trip to Seattle to see a concert.  I didn't need to bring everything because I was borrowing clothes from the people in Seattle.  It was 5 pm in Santa Cruz.  The concert was at 7 pm in Seattle.  I feared I couldn't make it in time. (Duh!  You would think I would realize I was dreaming with this math...)


*******

I was visiting Jan (and ex) in a jail of sorts.  It was a big wire cage with the top open, actually.  I pointed out to her that it would be easy to escape.  She shrugged.  The cage turned into a place with walls that were in need of repair.  I got out my putty knife and mud and went to work making repairs to the walls.  The guard didn't want me to do it and I had to hide that I was making these repairs whenever he came by.  But it needed to be done.

*******

Sue (another ex) came by on a lovely horse.  I jumped up on the horse (though I was only half-on in front of the saddle) and we chatted.  I asked her how she was doing.  She said, "I can't crack a 7".  Then she showed me the student evaluations of her on a scale of 1-10.  She had a 7.  I wasn't sure if "I can't crack a 7" was a metaphor for her life or just about the student evaluations.

*******

There was a class being let out of the Provost House at Kresge (UCSC) at 9:30 in the morning.  Everyone had hamburgers, which looked really good.  But I was confused about why they had this food.  I asked a student why she had a hamburger and she said: "Because I gather that eggs were too hard to make for this many people". 

********

I was watching an opera practice with Joan Sutherland, but she was dancing a tango as she sang the opera.  It was hard for her.

********

I was with a big group of people at Zachary's having breakfast.  I recounted a story to Ziesel that she listened to with impatience as she was late to work. She rushed off as soon as I finished the story.

*******

I was watching the film "Bodyguard" starring Whitney Houston.  But her bodyguard must have been totally failing because she was abducted at gunpoint in a car and he wasn't around.



Annotation

I go to Seattle for opera from time to time and we are planning a trip in 2013 for Wagner's Ring cycle. We are borrowing clothes now in Fairbanks.

Jan, now deceased, had a variety of personal and drug problems and, indeed, spent time in jail. 

Sue is a History Prof in Buffalo and I have been wondering of late how she is doing.  I don't think she was into horses.  But in our neighborhood in Fairbanks are horses.  Yesterday, one came to the edge of its fence and clearly wanted us to visit.  The snow was in our way.  But I really wanted to visit with the horse.

Ziesel has now been in two dreams in a week.  We are not active friends so I think she is getting too much playing time in my dreams.

Joan Sutherland was not known for her great acting talent in opera, so it was impressive to watch her try to blend these two arts. We watched a film in which tango music was featured last night.

1 comment:

  1. "I can't crack a 7" will stay with me for a long time, it's great.

    ReplyDelete