Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Dreamlife March 14 - Robin

Type: clothing anxiety
People: mom
Featured: a new clothing ensemble

A friend was on trial and I had to testify.  I thought I should wear a dress.  I put on this frumpy mid-calf prin dress and over it put a full-length knit beige coat.  I looked really stupid.  My mom said I looked so nice in a dress!  I rolled my eyes.



Annotation

I actually had a lot of dreams last night, but I thought I would share this one as it continues by dress anxiety theme.  When I was a child, my mother would have said something like that but not anymore.  In reality, I think she would have thought I looked quite odd and said, "Robin, why don't you just wear a nice part of pants and a shirt?"

Just for the record, my other dreams included:
  •  A long slide at an airport that passengers used to move about.  Fun!
  • Being in the wrong place at the wrong time but not stressing cause Leslie was out of town and no one would really miss me. (I think this relates to my 4-day return in April to Santa Cruz for some doctor's appointments.)
  • Kissing Ziggy hello first and Leslie getting mad at me for that. (She never would.  Everyone greets their dog first!)
  • Intricate snow sculptures (just like the ice sculptures but with snow...a miracle that they didn't fall down)
  • A Monkees (singing group) movie in which they managed to cast people to play the Monkees who talked, acted, looked and sung just like the real Monkees.  A bunch of Meryl Streeps they were...No doubt Davy Jones' death was on my mind.
  • An intricate and long trail dream where Ken Karst got lost.  I am sure this was inspired by the Iditarod.  And there was the time that Ken and Smiley got lost during a hike and had to sleep on the lava...
  • A kid (about 16) trying to convince her parents it was just fine if she had sex.  The parents were trying to pass a law to prevent it.  I think the Republicans "war against women" inspired this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment