Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Dreamlife March 20 - Robin

Type:  Dental appointment (stress)
People: Dr. Bock, Leslie
Featured:  Hip shots to treat dog-borne teeth problem

I drove to my dentist after dropping Leslie off across town at another doctor's appointment.  She didn't want to drive.  We were supposed to be done around the same time and she was going to wait.  But Dr. Bock was very late.  In fact, it turned out he wouldn't get to me for many hours, until 5 pm.  This stressed me out as I was going to keep Leslie waiting for so long.

When it was my turn, he and an assistant came into the room.  The assistant started pointing to her hip with a know-it-all expression on her face.  Dr. Bock said—without even looking in my mouth—that I had a serious problem that needed to be treated by a series of shots in my hip.  I assumed this was some sort of post-radiation dental problem but Dr. Bock said that I got it from my dog, from letting the dog sleep in the bed.  I thought, well, it's worth it and I wasn't going to change.



Annotation

Dr. Bock turned into a completely unreliable dentist towards the end of his career.  He cancelled way more appointments that he kept.  That said, if he didn't cancel, it was never a long wait.   The personality of the dentist was closer to my new dentist, Dr. Calcagno.

Post-radiation dental problems can be a big problem.  I do worry about that as I think I mentioned in another annotation.

Dog-borne illness.  I don't worry about the dog in the bed in the least, but my friend Nancy does.  She will be so pleased she planted this into my brain.  That said, Ziggy is a great joy cuddled up to me and I would take dozens of shots in my hips for the pleasure of her company.  Leslie gives me diseases (and visa-versa) and I still sleep in bed with her, don't I?  What's the diff?

Leslie won't drive in Fairbanks until the snow is gone.

1 comment:

  1. !!!You are so funny!!!Even in your dreams!!!
    When I was a kid our dog slept with me, but now I have a human HGO (Heat Generating Object) who would be overcooked if Wylie joined us!
    xo,
    n

    ReplyDelete