Friday, March 30, 2012

Dreamlife March 30 - Robin

Type:  Food
People: Leslie and a bunch of nameless others
Featured: me cooking

I was responsible for making a big dinner for a number of our friends.  I didn't do any of the prep, actually.  My job was to fry it all up for dinner.  I was using a number of electric skillets and everything was being done at the same time.  I was frying mash potatoes, breaded peppers, ahi, chicken fried-steak and eggs.  I was horrible at doing it efficiently and was worried that things would be over-cooked (particularly the ahi).  Leslie was there but talking and not helping.  I don't think I asked for her help, but I did wonder how I got stuck doing this job.  I served people one at a time and they began eating as they received the food.  They all seemed to like it.  Each person got some reading material with their meal.  The reading material, too, had been fried, lightly.

Annotation

Well, the last few days my dream self went grocery shopping so why not cook?  I generally don't cook, so this was really different for me.  My mom used to use electric skillets to do fried chicken, so that is where that image came from. My grandmother made a great chicken fried-steak, and Trish, a recent visitor, had one at a meal out. I lived on eggs last year.   I have no idea why I wanted to fry the mash potatoes, but Leslie does like her fries crispy, so that is close enough.  Fried ahi? Breaded peppers??  So not me.  I was only a little stressed in this dream and not unhappy with Leslie that she didn't help (unlike yesterday's dream).

1 comment:

  1. Breaded peppers sounds good--might have to try that! And yes, though I like my French fries crispy, I do prefer my reading material only lightly fried.

    ReplyDelete