Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Dreamlife March 27 - Robin

Type: game playing
People: Leslie
Featured: a complicated cross of Scrabble, Crossword and activities/grocery shopping

Leslie and I were playing Scrabble. You could only do words that were activities and then you had to do the activity.  So, if you put in the word "run", you had to run for a bit before continuing the game. These games took a long time...

This game morphed into a complicated crossword.  In this case, you had to go to a grocery store and fill out the blanks started by this: "Treadwell tires..."   The way to do that was by going down the aisle and using the first letter of the product as the next word.  So, if you picked up cheese than the next word could be, for instance, "can".  Next lettuce, so it could be "last".  Etc.  The object was to make a sentence that worked in the spaces provided, and you had to buy the products.  I was very happy with the sentence, and it did fit. (I don't remember it, though.)  Leslie was upset because she didn't want any of the products that were used to make the sentence.



Annotation

We are game central here, doing the NY Times crossword (mostly Leslie with my help on the harder days) and sudoku daily, plus scrabble and jigsaw puzzles, too.  So, it isn't surprising that games show up in the dream.  I was complaining about the NY Times crossword gimmicks yesterday. 

Treadwell tires...never heard of them.  But, I did google it and they exist, so I guess I have heard of them.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so much like Leslie, not wanting any of the grocery store products used for the game. As for me, I love the NYT crossword gimmicks and puns.

    ReplyDelete