Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Dreamlife March 28—Laura Karst (Guest Blogger)

Type: Atmospheric conditions (? or just weird)
People: Doug
Featured: Aurora Borealis, mysterious blobs

Doug and I were asleep in our room in San Jose, in the dark of the night. I woke up and saw a greenish glow coming in the window. I looked out and saw the aurora borealis, pretty much as it appears in Leslie's pictures, except that some areas of the light were so bright that I had to squint. Some of the dancing light shapes were even coming through our window, intense, saturated, vivid green.


I was thrilled, and I excitedly woke Doug up. When I looked out again, the aurora had become something entirely different. It was as though there were giant, high walls and a ceiling around our house, somehow illuminated from within, and they were covered in rubbery-looking, pinkish-flesh-toned, dangling blobs, interspersed with dark green leaf-like things. This did not alarm me. I just thought it was odd that our aurora borealis would look like that.

Annotation:

Doug is my husband, and we are going to visit Leslie and Robin in Fairbanks in a little over a week. I've been thinking a lot about the aurora, as having a chance to see it is my main reason for going up there.

As for the blobs, Doug and I talked briefly about lungs and alveoli last night. Maybe we were inside of a giant lung (with plant life)? Even though I don’t really think the inside of a lung is blobby like that.

1 comment:

  1. Little did I dream that you, Laura, would guest blog! I hope other readers submit their Fairbanks-themed dream!

    And I liked it a lot.

    ReplyDelete