Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Dreamlife March 28 - Robin

Type:  Stress
People: Leslie
Featured: an argument and coffee at the Old Catalyst

I had a lot of errands to do in Santa Cruz and a pile of stuff I needed to organize in order to do the errands.  As well, we needed some food.  I asked Leslie if she would get the food while I did the rest of the errands.  She said she didn't need any food yet.  I said, "but I do, and it's your job". She refused.  This really pissed me off.  All my errands were for us collectively, so why wouldn't she do this one thing?  I grabbed my pile, showed her the cellphone and left in a huff saying, "if you decide to be a partner, call me."


I went to get some coffee and organize my paperwork at the Catalyst (circa early 1970s).  The coffee cost $4.  I thought that was ridiculous, but I stayed and did my work with Ziggy at my side.  I thought it was neat that they let Ziggy in à la France. I was watching the ubiquitous dart throwers as I organized.



Annotation

Leslie would NEVER act like that.  Now, I might in such a situation, I admit.

I forever have piles of things that need to be organized before I can do my tasks.

Grocery stores are probably on my mind because I have been going to them with Leslie since she won't drive in Fairbanks as long as the snow and ice are here.  Today the cleaner is coming, so we are going shopping during that period, among other things.  (Having a cleaner is something Leslie likes but it stresses me out, actually.)

Ah, the old Catalyst, which used to be located in the old ballroom of the St. George Hotel.  The Catalyst moved in 1976 to its current location and lost all its coolness in the move.  I miss it, and the dart throwers.  Now, that was Santa Cruz.

No comments:

Post a Comment