Monday, February 27, 2012

Dreamlife Feb 27 - Robin

Type: Potpourri
People: Lisa and Donna DeAmicis, Steve Anderson, Peter McNeil, Leslie
Featured: people from my grade school years
Warning to potential readers: Even I found these dreams dull.

Leslie had been having trouble getting to sleep after a phone woke her earlier in the night. She was finally sleeping when Lisa DeAmicis shows up at bedside with her older sister Donna at 2 am in the morning. Donna was very loud and woke Leslie (to my irritation).
Lisa apologized but thought we would be up because we were going to be looking for the aurora borealis that night. I said we were but it was snowing so we decided not to.

*******

I guess I was in 8th grade in the dream as everyone around was from my eight grade. But we were all adults. I introduced a friend of mine to the crowd and, one by one, she broke the heart of several of the guys in my class. I remember two people she hurt: Steve Anderson and Peter McNeil. But there were more. Everyone was mad at me for introducing her. Sorry guys!

*******
I was in a class with an opinionated, right-wing teacher. He didn't like Obama and often said distortions or lies about him. He loved to bait people. He talked over people trying to make a point. In response, I talked over him at the same time. I asked him if he would let me make a point without talking over me and I would do the same to him. He agreed and we were able to have a decent discussions.

*******

Santa Cruz was having very weird weather and the ocean was acting odd, like really low tides and tropical fish in the ocean. I took some pictures of the fish underwater and spent some time cropping them on iPhoto. It was also very, very cold. Like around -25. I said to someone that I certainly didn't remember Santa Cruz being this way when I first moved here.


Annotation

Leslie sleep - Last night we did go to bed early (8 pm) with the plan to wake up at midnight to see if the sky was clear. We were woken at 9:40 pm by Mark, who we are housetrading with, to let us know that they were in Hilo and wanted to know where a corkscrew was. Leslie couldn't get back to sleep, and still hadn't by the time to check the skies. Clouds had moved in, so no aurora.

Lisa DeAmicis - was my best friend in grade and high school and we are still close. Donna is her sister, but is deceased. Lisa would not have woken us up.

Steve Anderson and Peter McNeil - were in my grade school (which went to 8th grade). Because we have a reunion of our small class (of about 25) every ten years, I do know these guys as adults.

The teacher - was played in my dream by this actor who used to be on the TV show, Once and Again

No comments:

Post a Comment